I am selling my beloved Nagahara Full Concert model flute that I've had since 2005. This flute and I have recorded 4 full-length CDs (and many smaller recording projects) and performed many concerts all over the United States together. I am the first and only owner. I picked out the 14k gold head joint made by Kanichi Nagahara at the Nagahara headquarters near Boston. This flute has been loved and it has served me very well. I am so sad to part with this beautiful instrument but I must for financial reasons.
Right now, I'm hoping for a local (San Francisco Bay Area) buyer but I will consider any serious offers in the USA.
This flute is perfect for solo playing. It projects beautifully over an orchestra and I would keep it for playing concerti if I could afford to. I have had much luck playing it in chamber music settings and it blends really well with other flutes and woodwinds too. There's a reason why Nagahara Flutes have such a solid reputation. The mechanism is the absolute best. Kanichi Nagahara is one of the best headjoint makers in the world. I hope someone else can give it a good home and perform many more concerts with it.
- Price: $16,000 (A new flute with the same specifications would be about $20,900)
- Nagahara Full Concert model flute
- Serial #449
- 0.950 silver body with 14k gold head joint ("DA" cut, I think).
- open hole (French style) keys
- Custom C# touch piece (made by Nagahara)
- soldered tone holes
- pointed key arms
- off-set G
- C# trill key
- D# roller
- low B foot with gizmo key
- Comes with original case and case cover in good condition.
- Bonus: Includes additional custom-made locking double case made by Wiseman Cases which will fit this Nagahara Full Concert flute plus a metal piccolo (I never used this as a double case with piccolo so please try it out w/ your piccolo to confirm.).
The flute is in excellent mechanical/playing condition and there are no dents. Overhauled by Nagahara Flutes in 2015. There are very minor cosmetic scratches that do not effect the sound/mechanism and they are not noticeable unless you are looking for them. There is one section of the body with stubborn tarnish.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.