Just a few notable flute makers and dealers. This is, of course, not a complete list. I’m just listing a few that I think are really great.
- Burkart Flutes (I play a Burkart piccolo)
- Miyazawa Flutes (Areon Flutes are Miyazawa Artists!)
- Muramatsu Flutes
- Nagahara Flutes
- Hogenhuis Flutes (I play a Hogenhuis quartertone contrabass flute)
- Pearl Flutes (I play a Pearl contrabass flute and alto flute)
- Sankyo Flutes (I play a Sankyo Kingma system flute)
- West Valley Music (Mountain View, CA) – The best music store in Mountain View. The best store for flutes and flute related items in the Peninsula and the South Bay.
- Flute Specialists (Royal Oak, MI)
- Flute World (Farmington Hills, MI) – One of the biggest flute/flute music stores in the country.
- Carolyn Nussbaum Music (Plano, TX)
- Weiner Music (Minelola, NY) – Woodwind specialists
- Palo Alto Violins – (650) 327-8465 – (345 N California Ave, Palo Alto, CA)
- Kamimoto Strings (San Jose, CA)
- Rolland Feller Violins (San Francisco, CA)
- Ifshin Violins (Berkeley, CA)
- Cellos 2 Go (Schenectady, NY)
- Shar Music (Ann Arbor, MI)